Thursday, May 17, 2012

Another great Lori Smith Design

I just finished this top last Friday and I have to say, it makes me happy!
The center is wool applique' on cotton. The rest of the quilt is also cotton.
I left for Kansas City yesterday for Market, so I brought this quilt with to show my friend Randy. I going to teach her how to use wool on cotton.
I'll post later with lots more updates. We're going to be cruising around KC to all the quilt shops in thy e area. That will be about 10 - 12 shops. Should be a fun filled day.
Till later. pjr

9 comments:

  1. Great quilt! You do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...a treasure for sure!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make me very happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt Pat. Have a great time at market!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quilt! Great job on the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lori Smith design top is very pretty. I am not sure if I have this pattern but I think I do. Using wool for the applique was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name of the pattern is "Mary Ellen's Garden". And using wool is just the best. So forgiving and easy! Thanks for dropping by. Pat

      Delete
  7. Hi Pat - Have just found your blog and enjoyed reading all your posts and seeing all your BEAUTIFUL quilts! YUM! In your profile you mention that you love rug hooking too, so I hope you'll share some picture of those some time since I'm a rug hooker also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gayle for your wonderful comments. I will have to put that on my "To Do" list as far as posting some of the rugs. Although, it's one of my loves, I somehow don't find as much time to donate to that craft. I hold a wool club once a month for a handful of rug hookers, so I work on my rug project for a few days out of each month. I will post a picture of the one I'm working on right now. It's very large and is taking me forever, but it will be so nice when it's done. Glad you could drop by. Thanks, Pat

      Delete