Monday, December 12, 2011

It's About Time!

Well, hello!  It's been over a month since I last posted and to be blunt about it, it's about time.  I could say that I've been too busy, and yes, that is true, but I'm always busy.  So, no excuses here.

Since I last posted we've celebrated our 8th Anniversary of being in business as "Life's A Stitch Quilt Shoppe".  We had our annual sale and it was a lot of fun and lots of people came by for our sale.  I wish I had taken a picture of Char, our Grand Prize Winner!  She won 20% off for an entire year.  She was very surprised.  We do this every year and it's one of the funnest parts of our Anniversary Sale.   

And during the last month, we had a new water heater installed, and a water softener installed at the same time.  It's been 7 years since we've had soft water.  That's when we moved out here.  Oh, how I'm loving that soft water.  It's like heaven taking a shower again.

Then we enjoyed our Thanksgiving Holiday with our family and a very relaxed day of doing little or nothing.  This doesn't happen very often, so I take full advantage of it.  Actually, I had lots of fun just playing with Delaney.



This is Delaney checking out the dogs' toy basket (to the right).  Most of the time, she just wants to give the dogs a toy to play with.  Not this time.





Nope, she wants to sit in it, toys, her, and all.  I think she thinks she's still little enough to fit in those small places.  So, now that she got in........how do I get out!














Well, I'm trying.  Oh, but it's so hard!  So, as it turned out, she did make it out and on her own.  She's getting pretty savvy about things like that.  She's even climbing on chairs and onto tables, and oh how we get nervous about those things. 

November was such a warm month, that we did almost all the outside holiday decorating the week before Thanksgiving.  We had a couple days in a row that got up to 60 degrees and we took advantage of that.  The lights down the driveway we set up and the porch got decorated.  That is the one thing that I love to do for Christmas is to decorate the porch.

Here's our bench!  Those skates are Canadian Flyers I bought on Ebay for $18.00.  There was another pair up for sale at the same time, but they were never used, for over $100.  I like my barely used pair better.  It gives them character!





And the dry sink with fun things that surround it.  I love antique winter items, like the skiis, the sled in the above picture and the sled in the picture with the trees below.  They're just fun items.







This is a great shelf that a friend's dad made for me.  I normally have a quilt hanging from it, bit it's just fun to put different things on it for different seasons, but I always leave my chickens and the cow weather van up there. 




The old goat cart filled with greens and holiday ornaments.  And no, these are not another pair of those skates, I just have to move things around once in a while.










And we can't leave the lamp out, add a bow and an old trough of some sort.  Fill the trough with ornaments and voila, done.  Keeping things simple is sometimes better than over doing it.










The trio of pencil trees is a must.  You can't decorate without having trees up.  And at night they light up.  Notice the Santa in front of the trees.  Well, I have an interesting story about this Santa in my next post. 

 







So, now that's it's almost the middle of December and there are 12 days left till Christmas, I can honestly say that I'm more ready this year than in the past.  Decorating is done, presents are wrapped (well, most of them anyways!), and most of the baking is done.  I'm not even sure why I'm more ready, maybe it's because I'm trying to keep things simple.  Either way, I seem to be enjoying it more.

Till Later, PJR




1 comment:

  1. It's just that time of year...busy! :-) I love all your outdoor decor! Wish I was there to see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete